Support: Your gift changes lives... it's that simple.
Dance is the medium, excellence is the expectation and the result is a lifetime of success.
Always do your personal best.
Never give up.
We strive to reach children who need our programs the most. Bringing high-quality dance classes with live music directly into schools, our staff is committed to helping close the opportunity gap for student populations underserved in the arts. We teach that teamwork, tenacity, discipline and joyful effort can equal success—that hard work and an uncompromising standard of excellence result in a genuine sense of achievement and self-respect that can change the life of a child…any child.
Take the Stage Programs are designed to:
• Help children develop discipline, a personal standard of excellence, and a belief in themselves that will carry over to all aspects of their lives
• Improve self-confidence and general behavior in and out of school
• Positively impact student attendance, academic engagement and test scores
• Promote good health through vigorous physical activity and lessons on food choice
• Support healthy classroom environments through improved peer-to-peer and student-teacher relationships
• Form friendships among children and adults from a wide variety of socio-economic and geographic backgrounds
• Foster important connections and learning opportunities between students and leading community institutions
• Inspire students to become a community of motivated, creative thinkers
As a non-profit organization, Take the Stage and Owen/ Cox Dance Group rely upon community partnership and support to continue to bring our programming to students in Greater Kansas City. Federal, state and city governments; foundations, corporations and generous individuals all provide critical funding. There are several levels of giving, all of which help our students reach for the stars.
Make your contribution online at www.takethestagekc.org.
Sponsor-a-Class provides students 28 weeks of dynamic, challenging dance classes and 2 exciting performance opportunities--$5,400.
Sponsor-a-New School provides students a semester of instruction + 1 special performance opportunity--$2,700.
Sponsor-a-Child enrolls a student in our year-long program--$300.
Sponsor TeamExcel! Program provides specialized training for students in our advanced performing group -- $150.
Other amounts support Take the Stage’s commitment to taking the transformative power of the arts to children during the school day.
Whether you wish to sponsor a child, a class, or a performance; whether you wish to donate your time, your expertise or contribute financial resources, all gifts are important and make a difference that can last a lifetime to a child.
Take the Stage and Owen/Cox Dance Group are a 501(c)(3) organization; your gift is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Owen/Cox Dance Group is part of the Combined Federal Campaign, CFC #16312
Contact Artistic Director, Rebka Sakati today to find out how you can help Kansas City’s
children excel and dance their way toward success.
We are especially grateful to the following sponsors:
Take the Stage is an outreach program of
Owen/Cox Dance Group.
Learn more about Owen/Cox Dance!
To donate funds designated specifically for the Take the Stage outreach/education program, please click the button below.
Contact the Take the Stage Artistic Director, Rebka Sakati to find out how YOU can help make a difference for excellence.
Contact us for additional information!
Take the Stage Artistic Director